We know how intimidating it can be to attend a new church for the first time. Whether you’re looking for a new church home or just in town for the weekend we’d like to invite you to worship with us. Below you’ll find some helpful information to make your visit more comfortable.
1. What is a Sunday Morning like at FBCKC?
You may choose to start your visit with Sunday School which runs from 10:00am – 10:45/11:00am. We have a few different classes and all with a small group/informal feel. Pastor Ken can be found in our fellowship hall and will be happy to help you find the class that best fits you. Feel free to bring your coffee or grab a cup from the church kitchen.
Praise and Worship or what you might traditionally think of as “church” starts at 11:ooam in the Sanctuary and runs about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes.The schedule of events runs a little something like this:
- 3 Contemporary Worship Songs – We have a fantastic contemporary worship band. You’ll hear your favorite songs from Christian radio, bluegrass hymns, and classic worship songs. The words are displayed on monitors so you can follow along or sing along depending on your comfort level.
- Welcome – Pastor Ken will welcome the congregation and share any special prayer requests or upcoming events
- Prayer – Traditionally we say The Lords Prayer. Sometimes Pastor chooses a prayer to speak to a situation happening locally or nationally. Don’t worry, we never get political at FBCKC and the words are always on the monitors at the front of the church.
- Offering – as a guest we ask that you pass the collection plate right along, unless you’d like a visit from the Welcome Fairy; in that case fill out one of the guest cards located on the back of the pew and drop it in the collection plate. You’ll receive a lovely little welcome gift on your doorstep. Don’t worry, we won’t add you to any mailing lists or show up at your door to chat.
- Message – Pastor Ken will deliver a spirit led Bible based sermon. He has a talent for bringing the bible to life with insight, humor, and anecdotes; while making it applicable to the struggles we all face.
- Invitation – Our church, which we hope will be your church, would like to invite you to accept Christ as your Lord and Savior during this time. Already know Jesus? Not ready to Commit? No problem. Enjoy the music or fill out one of our new Invitation Cards and let us know how God has moved in your life recently or where you need some extra prayer power.
- Closing Song(s) – The worship band will be back up on stage to play another song or two to end the service on a high note (pun intended). Feel free to get up and mingle, head back to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee to go or slide out the side door.
2. What’s the Dress Code?
From blue jeans to slacks, dresses to shorts, you’ll see a wide variety of dress at First Baptist Church King City. Appropriate attire is what you are comfortable in within reason (we appreciate no vulgar or sacrilegious slogans or graphics, nothing offensive or derogatory and adhere to 7-11’s no shirt, no shoes, now service creed.)
3. What About the Kids?
In addition to our Sunday School Kids Class we offer Children’s Church for kids ages 4-12 during service where the kids will have fun playing, singing, giggling, and wiggling through the What’s in The Bible curriculum. For our tinier tots and infants we have a nursery complete with cozy chairs for feeding; pack and plays for napping and playing; a full library of infant and toddler appropriate toys, books and puzzles. Parents are asked to accompany and care for their child in the nursery, but don’t worry the entire worship service is simulcasted in the nursery so you won’t miss a thing. Children of any age can also opt to stay with their parent(s) during the service and busy bags are available as you enter the sanctuary.