Pastor Ken Reese has served as a pastor for over 30 years. His spiritual gifts include preaching, teaching, pastoral care, and especially ENCOURAGEMENT! His pastoral career started in churches in Kansas City, took him to Salinas, and now to King City. Pastor Ken honors tradition while breathing new life into all of First Baptist Church King City’s ministries.
FBCKC is a Bible Believing, Christ Centered & Spirit Led Congregation with an active membership. Members are encouraged to serve and he serves along side them in a variety of ministries and community outreach programs.
Where You’ll Find Him
There is one Sunday Service led by Pastor Ken each week at 11:00am. Our three Sunday School Classes start at 10:00 one of which is taught by Pastor Ken. FBCKC offers a Children’s Church Service during the 11:00am Sunday Service. Also join us for Wednesday night Bible study group and prayer meeting at 6 o’clock. Throughout the year special Christian Education classes are offered. Financial Peace University, parenting classes, etc. can be found on the church calendar.
First Baptist Church King City is also home to South Valley Mom2Mom and Pastor Ken leads the Mom2Mom Minis children’s program. He also offers faith based counseling to reach out to the young adults, couples, singles, sick, bereaved and widowed. Pastor Ken and the church leadership are currently working together to improve parking, signage, and other updates to improve FBCKC.
J. Kenneth Reese hails from Tennessee, but spent many of his formative years in Missouri. He studied at Missouri Baptist College in St. Louis where he graduated in 1980 with a B.A. in Bible. Pastor Ken then earned his M.S in Ed with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Counseling at Southern Illinois University – Edwardsvillein 1981. He then went on to earn his Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1985. Believing there is always more to learn he has also done some work towards a Doctor of Ministries Degree at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Recipient of Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Actively served in Associations in Kansas City, MO & locally in the Central Coast Baptist Association
- Served as a volunteer Police Chaplain
- Volunteer chaplain at SVMH and Mee Memorial
- Volunteer chaplain with the Monterey County Sheriff’s Department
- Working personally with Chief Robert Masterson of the King City PD to develop a new Chaplain’s Progam y, CA
- VNA & Hospice Chaplain working with Southern Monterey County patients and families
- Recipient of the KRKC News Citizen of the Week